It's that time, tea lovers: Time to turn the clocks back an hour. (Sunday, Nov. 1, 1 a.m. becomes 12 a.m., to be specific about it.) Groan all you want about how the sun is about to start going down much earlier in the day, but don't forget that we're owed this extra hour each autumn, since we lost an hour in the spring. Woohoo!
Hmmm ... what to do, what to do with that extra hour. We've got some suggestions:
- Totally switch up your tea routine. You know how the Brits get really specific about when to stir in milk, and even which direction to rotate the spoon? Try doing it differently today. Or you know how you always drink black tea in the morning, and green tea in the afternoon? Flip that around. Don't like it? No biggie. Tomorrow's another day.
- If you've gotten up at the same time as always, and so suddenly it's an hour earlier, make some scones! Here are some recipes, and boy, you're going to be glad we suggested this when tea time rolls around.
- Take some photos of your pet and our tea, and post it on our Facebook page, if we like it, we'll consider sending you some free tea! (No pet? Take a photo of your roommate and our tea. Bonus points if that roommate has a serious case of bedhead).
- Put your tea in a travel mug, get on your shoes and a jacket and go take a walk. You're going to wonder why you don't do this every day.
- Sleep in an extra 55 minutes, and then spend those last five minutes making your bed. What a concept.