(From the Scotsman)
1. The recommended number of cups of tea per day is four, this is said to provide optimal benefit.
2. Tea is said to have many health benefits, not least the fact that it contains antioxidants that may help prevent cardiovascular disease.
3. It contains half the caffeine level found in a cup of coffee.
4.â€ In the mid 18th century, alcoholic drinks such as gin and ale were far less fashionable than tea.
5.â€ Some 80 per cent of office workers claim they find out more about whatÃs going on at work over a cup of tea during their break than in any other way.
6. Tea was created more than 5,000 years ago in China.
7. Tea first came to Europe thanks to a Portuguese Jesuit, Father Jasper de Cruz, in 1560.
8. Nowadays 96 per cent of cups of tea drunk daily in the UK are brewed from tea bags and 98 per cent of people drink their tea with milk. Only 30 per cent of us take sugar in our tea.
9.â€ After tourism, tea production is the second biggest industry in India.
10. The first book about tea was written by Lu Yu in 800 AD.
Leave a Reply